Simple but Satisfying Easy Ground Beef Casserole
Sometimes we need a budget saver and super easy meal. Make ahead is always a bonus too. It’s nice to come home from a long day and pop a casserole in the oven. Toss together a salad and voila. Dinner is served! You can make this gluten free with rice noodles or another gluten free pasta choice.
Ø 1 lb lean or regular ground beef
Ø 1 medium onion, chopped
Ø 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
Ø 1 (1 lb) can chopped tomato, undrained
Ø 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ø freshly ground black pepper to taste
Ø 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use Pacific Natural Foods Organic Cream of Mushroom Soup (condensed))
Ø 1 (8 ounce) packages noodles (macaroni style work well but up to you)
Ø 2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1. Brown ground beef, onion and pepper.
2. Drain excess fat if necessary.
3. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and soup.
4. Allow to simmer while cooking noodles until al dente. Don’t over cook them because they will cook more in the casserole while in the oven.
5. Drain noodles.
6. Add cooked noodles and 1/2 of the cheese to meat mixture.
7. Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.